Saturday, February 23, 2013

Drugstore Makeup Haul

Okay guys, so it's no secret that I don't know that much about makeup - and I never claimed for this to be a makeup blog. BUT, I do enjoy makeup, and I've been learning a thing or two here and there from getting my makeup done at shoots and stuff - SO, I figured I'd share with you guys some stuff I got at the drugstore! I tend to gravitate more to drugstore makeup products when I'm in a rush or just needing a couple things, because it's cheaper and what not. But when I need something specific I usually splurge a bit more! haha =P

Here's what I got this time around!



COVERGIRL AND OLAY SIMPLY AGELESS EYE CONCEALER - $16.99
I've heard so much about this concealer! Makeup gurus on youtube rave about it, and I recently learned what concealer was like..a year ago..haha NOOB. But anyways, I'm always looking for new ones. So I got this one in the shade 220 - MEDIUM DARK because my skin is more on the dark side. So far I've tried it and on it's own I don't think it does much. HOWEVER, on top of my regular liquid concealer (which is from MAC) I think it does wonders to brighten up the area! So I'm looking forward to continuing to use it! It's a little more expensive than I normally would pay for something drugstore - but if it lasts a while then it'll be worth it!

REVLON NEARLY NAKED PRESSED POWDER - $10.99 *SALE
I've been using the Revlon Photo Ready Powder for about a year, (because I don't use foundation and I prefer powder), but unfortunately I didn't like the colour and it ended up being a bit too light for me. Again I saw makeup gurus RAVING about this product so I had to try it out (marketing at it's finest haha!) and I LOVE IT. The colour suits me way better, it's 040 MEDIUM/DEEP, and it gives a nice smooth finish. This is about the most I would spend on drugstore makeup. And it was on sale! But again I don't wear makeup on a daily basis so I'm sure it'll last me a while!

RIMMEL SCANDAL EYES MASCARA - $6.99 *SALE
I definitely have been needing a new mascara! Of course I went to this one because it was on sale haha! I don't have like a "go to" mascara, I just try lots of different ones all the time. And I find that I usually need to put on more than one type to get the full look that I like. This one does a good job at separating and elongating the lashes ut it doesn't give the thickness I'd like. So we'll see if I keep it.

COVERGIRL LIP PERFECTION LIPSTICK - $7.99 *SALE
Now I'm REALLY BAD at choosing lipsticks, I think as a coloured girl it's sometimes harder to find a lipstick colour that really works for us. This is a colour I wouldn't normally gravitate too - because I tend to go for darker colours on my lips. BUT, makeup artists have started using lighter colours on me, so I broke out of my shell a bit and decided to use this one. It's the colour 330 DIVINE. And you can see it's sort of a light purple. I'm getting used to it haha, I like it! Here's a picture of what it looks like, and on me as well:



RIMMEL KATE LIPSTICK - $6.99 *SALE
Now I just really wanted to try this brand because my cousin has it and she loves it. I was surprised that it actually has great colour payoff. This is a colour I would normally go to, like a dark red. It would defs be a go-to colour for me. It's the colour 11 ROUGE À LEVRES. But I'm sloooooowly breaking out of my comfort-zone with lipstick. Here's what the colour looks like:


QUO MAKEUP REMOVER PADS (FOR EYES) - $4.00 *SALE
I'm actually the worst with removing makeup. It's bad,  I know. So when I saw these on sale I was like I have to get them. When I see them they remind me to take my makeup off! :)

ESSIE NAIL POLISHES - $11.99 EACH
Lastly I got these two nail polishes! I don't own any nail polishes from Essie, so I thought I would try them out since everyone seems to love them! Again, I don't like to spend over $10 on drugstore stuff, but I love these colours, so I figured I'd try them out. I got them in the colours PLAY DATE (LIGHT PURPLE) AND WICKED (DARK PURPLE).

HOPE YOU GUSY ENJOYED THIS POST!

xx







PS. I also got hair ties but those are boring! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment