Monday, April 22, 2013

FITNESS FASHION AND MOTIVATION


Everyone's been on such a health tip lately! And it's great, because staying healthy and eating right is important. If you're anything like me, it's hard to stay motivated to work out. For me, eating healthy isn't too hard because I'm a vegetarian, and I've trained myself to stay away from sugar, pop, and overall unhealthy foods because I dislike the way I feel after having them!

But the working out part..UGH I just suck at it! So I thought..what can I do to motivate myself? What do I like? I like clothes...and shoes...so how can I mix these with working out to motivate myself? I started looking into fitness fashion and I found that the fitness is it's OWN WORLD entirely. And I started getting into sport wear and the fitness lifestyle!

Getting cool clothes to workout in, and some cool sneakers and accessories actually MADE me wanna work out and use the stuff I got.




These top and tights are both from LULU LEMON, with some NIKE socks and NIKE sneakers. I gotta say, I just LOVE these sneakers, they feel like you're not wearing anything on your feet! And if you know anything about Lulu Lemon you know how comfortable their clothes are. They're great for yoga too, the only downside is they're on the expensive side, so I wouldn't recommend investing in Lulu clothing unless you were sure you'd get good use out of them. 


On the other hand, I've gotten some cheaper workout clothing like this shirt from PINK (on sale) and these tights from TNA. Again I'm wearing my NIKE socks and sneaks, but they were totally worth it because I wear them every time I workout. My water bottle in this picture is also from PINK it was around $15.



Don't you just LOVE the colours on these sneakers? I swear I go to the gym sometimes just so that I can wear these! I'm planning on making FITNESS FASHION a series on the blog, where every couple of weeks I'll post some workout outfits that I wore recently. What do you think?

Again, if you're anything like me, getting your butt to the gym is one thing, but knowing what to go when you get there is ANOTHER THING COMPLETELY. I always go on tumblr and instagram for ideas and motivation for different workouts to try, but you need to keep in mind that everyone's body is different.

Through tumblr I found a cool website called TRIBESPORTS, and they actually creates challenges, that are pretty standard workout moves, for everyone to do! I haven't actually signed up yet, but I've seen some pictures of their challenges and promotion of them - and even those are giving me ideas of some stuff I could do at the gym! I figured I'd share some:




So if you're kinda lost like I was when I started working out, maybe these simple workouts will help you get started! Hope you all enjoyed! :)


1 comment:

  1. cute workout clothes, I always look like a hobo when I'm at gym lol

    ReplyDelete