Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Workout Wednesday | Alternatives to crunches and sit-ups!

Hey everyone! I found some cool alternatives to regular crunches and sit-ups that work your abs just as hard! If you're like me, when I first started working out I had no idea what to do in the gym. Then after getting a personal trainer and doing a lot of research I found out the best way to workout for my body and so many variations of different exercises!

For me, my stomach is one of my problem areas. I want to look more toned and lean. These exercises help with that!

NOTE: Before you start doing exercises make sure you warm up and do at least 15-20 minutes of cardio to get your heart rate up!


EXERCISE ONE: TWISTED MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS
This exercise is great because the plank position works your entire body and as you twist from left to right, you not only work your abs but also your obliques.

I usually do 3x15, meaning 3 sets of 15 of this exercise, either in between other exercises or cardio bursts! Be sure your back is straight and your knee is reaching for your opposite shoulder (on the inside).

EXERCISE TWO: DOLPHIN PUSH-UPS
This is the exercise you really feel on the way down. Again, you're working your whole body in the plank position and the rest is pretty much like a downward dog. By engaging your core as you flatten your body back into plank, you're helping to strengthen and tone your abs!


NOTE: Drink lots of water throughout your workout! It's important to start hydrated every 15 minutes!

I've noticed a huge difference in my abs since I've been mixing up my ab workouts! It's important as well to keep a variety in your workouts so your muscles get to be exercised in different ways. Let me know if you try these workouts and if they worked for you!

Twitter: @liveshiv
Instagram: liveshiv

No comments:

Post a Comment