Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Travels | Montreal: Part I

Hey dolls,
I recently went on a trip to Montreal for work, and it was SO AWESOME! I didn't even realize that there was so much culture and so much going on so CLOSE to me! Naturally, I took a lot of pictures and I vlogged - so look forward to that! But for now, I'll share with you some pictures from my trip and any advice or suggestions I can give about travelling to Montreal..I hope you enjoy :)


One of my favourite attractions in Montreal is the park and trail to the top of Mount Royal. The man who designed this park and trail is the same guy who designed Central Park in New York City! As well, the city of Montreal got it's name from this mountain, as you can see the entire city of Montreal from the top. 



There's this beautiful chalet at the top of the mountain as well. It's beautiful and HUGE, and it's usually rented out of massive parties or weddings. 


When you walk beside the chalet this is what you see, a beautiful balcony over looking the city. The trails around this area are huge as well, and they go on forever, so you often see people bike riding and jogging. 


This is just one of the many different perspectives you can take of the view of the city! It's amazing to see form up top, how the city is separated into the downtown core, the west island, etc. It's truly quite large, and different areas of the city differ in accent, culture, and people.


There is always some kind of awesome festival going on in Montreal. While I was there the Festival Mural (Graffiti Festival) was happening. It was so awesome! All over Saint Laurent Blvd there were different vendors, music, and displays of art/graffiti. It was amazing to see and totally free!



This was my #ootd from that day, but it was so unbelievably hot when we were in Montreal. I mean don't get me wrong, I loved the heat - but I didn't bring enough summer clothes! I was dying in all black and a maxi skirt. 


Patios (or as they call it, terrasse) are huge in Montreal. People love nothing more than eating outside, sipping on some wine and soaking in the sun. We ate at many different patios but my favourite was the Terrasse at Suite 701 in Old Montreal.



It's awesome because you can see some beautiful parts of Old Montreal (Vieux Montreal) from up there! The food was a little expensive, but it was good and filling. 



Here's the cheeseboard we got...*drools*..so yummy! But, way too much for two people! Nonetheless, it was a good snack before lunch.


That's about half of my trip. Since there are so many pictures I'll share the rest of this trip in another post! Look forward to my Montreal vlog as well! Until then, stay cool in this hot summer sun and I'll talk to you all soon! <3

Twitter: @liveshiv
Instagram: liveshiv

No comments:

Post a Comment