Monday, March 18, 2013

Music Monday | The 20/20 Experience


Hello Loves!
            So this is the first installment of Music Mondays! This is a segment we’ll be doing periodically about some new (or old!) music we’re currently listening to. Hopefully you’ll fall in love with some new artists, or rediscover past obsessions!

Speaking of past obsessions, this year JT announced that he’d be releasing a new album and the 90’s girl in every one of us had our dreams revived (after having them crushed when he announced he was married…). Everyone had been waiting so long for him to return to music, wondering if he ever would, and surely enough he did. And he did it all while looking super dapper might I add:

                            image source: www.themusicninja.com

            Although I’m sure we could all run a blog about how hot JT is, this IS about the album. So as if the news of his new album, and him performing just about everywhere from the Grammy’s to SNL, wasn’t enough, he revealed on March 11th that the album, "The 20/20 Experience", would be available to stream FOR FREE on iTunes until it’s release. Streaming of the whole album. For Free. Crazy right? So obviously me in all my fangirl glory quickly clicked the link, and I’ve been listening constantly since.

            I will say, some of the songs took some getting used to, and some I still skip over. But others like “Mirrors” and “Blue Ocean Floor”, which happen to be my two absolute favourites, I loved from the first listen. “Blue Ocean Floor” is my go to song when I need to be calm, quiet and relaxed. The way the song makes you feel like you’re floating under the calm ocean waters is unreal. Two of my other favourites are “Pusher Love” and “Strawberry Bubble Gum”.

            The whole album has the “old school crooner” feel that has also been reflected in his new look, but still has the “JT&Timbaland” signature sound.

            If you haven’t checked the album out yet, you can FOR FREE on the iTunes store. Just search Justin Timberlake! And you can also purchase the album when it’s released on March 19th!

                                      image source: http://assets.rollingstone.com

His smooth music and beautiful falsetto will never get old, and I (like everyone else on earth) am so incredibly happy that our main man is back in the spotlight.

What do you think of the new album? Tell us in the comment box below! 



No comments:

Post a Comment