Monday, December 03, 2012

New Years Resolutions

Hey everyone! I decided to do a new years post instead of a Christmas post because..well to be honest I don't have much to say about Christmas. It's great to spend time with family and everything,  but I strongly dislike snow, and sometimes Christmas can get a bit too materialistic for me. For me it's more about spending time with people - which I will totally post about with pictures LATER :)

ANYWHO - I decided to do a post about my new years resolutions. I've been thinking about these for a while, so I thought I would share them with everyone.

Now I know most people don't really keep their resolutions, but I think even the process of REFLECTING on one's self is important, so that even if these changes don't happen within the next year, at least they're something you've acknowledged about yourself - and can hopefully improve upon at some point in life.

So here are mine:

#1: ACTUALLY WORKOUT
I don't have a very consistent workout schedule. At all. And it's pretty bad, because I want to be fit and healthy..and I'm just not there yet. I've found that I'm not the kind of person who will work out on my own, I need to actually set a schedule and stick to it. I've been exposed to so many different types of workouts: drop-in dance classes, barreworks, step class, hot yoga..you name it. But for some reason I just can't seem to stay consistent with it! So my hope is to organize some sort of schedule for the upcoming year, so I can actually stick to it and reach my fitness goals!

#2: STOP BEING SO CRITICAL
I've noticed that I'm very critical about a lot of things. Now, it's definitely okay to have your opinion - in fact it's great to exercise your mind and form opinions on things, but I really think that sometimes I form opinions without knowing all the facts. OR, even worse, I think sometimes I'm critical when there's absolutely no need to be. So that's definitely something I'd like to work out, educating myself on things before I form opinions on them, and ensuring that if I don't have any nice to say I don't say anything at all.

#3: WAKE UP EARLIER IN THE MORNING
Okay I'm seriously the worse for this! I'm so incredibly bad at waking up in the morning! I've found that if it's for something SUPER mandatory then I can, for example work or something. But when it's something I've planned for myself, or CLASS for instance..I usually end up not waking up and sometimes sleeping my day away! Thus, I really want to work on going to bed at a more decent time and start utilizing my mornings..this way it won't be such a struggle for me to wake up for things like work, because I'll already be used to it!

#4: SPEND MORE TIME WITH MY GRANDMOTHERS
This is something I've wanted to do for a while, and I've tried my best to be better at it but I feel like work/school/friends always get in the way. And that's just so horrible. I love my grandmothers so much, they're both such different people. At the end of the day I wouldn't be here if it weren't for the both of them, so they mean the world to me. I really need to take more time out and make sure I'm not only calling them, but also going to see them more often - it's the least I can do and they deserve it. I never want them to feel alone or not loved or forgotten - not after everything they've done for me. 

#5: START CLEANING AND COOKING MORE
I tend to get really busy with school and work. I end up buying the majority of my money on food, which doesn't need to happen. So next year, instead of buying food out all the time, I really want to start buying groceries and making healthier food at home. I have a veggie cookbook and I never use it! So I'd like to start. I also notice that I leave cleaning to the ABSOLUTE last minute. I absolutely will not clean my room/car anything until it REALLY needs it. This is horrible because  things tend to get messy and unorganized, which kills me because I hate it when things aren't organized! So I want to start cleaning as well on a more consistent basis, perhaps have a cleaning day once a week or something like that.

What are you New Year's Resolutions?

xx

Shiv

1 comment:

  1. I think this video will make you smile: http://vimeo.com/44122545

    ReplyDelete