Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Golden Globes Fashion!

The Golden Globes were last night, and there was so much beautiful fashion going on! I tried to compile some sets of outfits...some amazing, some..well..not so amazing. There were many more that were either just, bland, boring or just neither here nor there, so I decided not to include them. Let's get into it!


I was loving a lot of the white that I saw, most notably Margot Robbie who looked simple and sexy in her Gucci gown with emerald detailing. Kunal Nayyar also killed it as the one guy (that I saw) in a white blazer! #lovinit




I was also loving a lot of the classic black gowns going on. Especially, Sofia Vergara and Emma Roberts who looked chic and very classy in their floor-length structured dresses. (Both with a hint of turquoise in their jewelry!)


I think some of my favourite looks though, were the beautiful bright colours some celebs rocked. My favourite would have to be Lupita Nyong'o in this stunning Ralph Lauren red gown with draping off-shoulder sleeves. I mean really - she was a vision.


There were also definitely some risk-takers. To be honest, I think Julia Robert's collar made the dress too casual. And Paula Patton's side fabric was a little too much for me. But Emma Watson looked amazing in that red "robe" and Terry Crews looked pretty dapper in that navy blue suit.


Of course we have..some major fails. Now, there were other dresses I could have chosen to put here, but these I chose more so because I was surprised. These women all usually look amazing, but they just missed the mark for me tonight.

BEST DRESSED: I have to say Lupita Nyong'o took it home for me. She was beyond stunning in that gown, and she's been looking amazing in the last couple dresses she's worn out to other events as well. She'll definitely be one to watch on the fashion front.


WORST DRESSED: I didn't include her in the set, because this dress needed to be shown on its own. I love Zoe Saldana but I just don't understand this dress. Why does it look like it's falling off? Why the extra pointy neckline? Why the random flower detailing (a lot of dresses had too many flowers going on actually..)? Why the mesh part at the bottom? WHY JUST WHY?! I just don't understand. Her face looks flawless as usual though.

That's my take on this years Golden Globes fashion. What did you think? Let me know in the comments below!

*DISCLAIMER: These images belong to thehollywoodreporter.com


Twitter: @liveshiv
Instagram: liveshiv

No comments:

Post a Comment